The Best Guide to Choosing Your Yoga Mat
Price is just one factor, there are different lengths of mats, different widths, different thicknesses of mats, different materials of mats and different colours (some would say this the most important factor!) please Read More
Here are 7 great tips when buying your next mat:
- The size of your body – if you are tall, you want to go for a longer mat to get the best out of all the yoga postures.
- Think about the thickness – yoga mats come in various thicknesses. Most commonly yoga mats are 4mm thick, but if your hip bones and spine stick out then a thicker option is better for comfort.
- The material of the yoga mat – some of us go straight for the smoothest one, but this can become slippery when you get your sweat on! We recommend looking out for a yoga mat made of natural rubber
- Are you a traveller? A thicker yoga mat will take up a lot of space on your suitcase or feel like a burden if you regularly attend yoga classes. For you, lightweight and thin would be great. (remember, folding your yoga mat can damage the quality of it)
- Which yoga are you practicing? For the more sweaty types (Hot Yoga/Vinyasa) then choose a mat which give great traction and absorbs sweat. If its more meditative, calmer (Hatha Yoga/Yin Yoga) then a more general mat will do the trick
- Think about your budget – yoga mats can range greatly in price. Remember, this is your journey, do not feel pressured into spending large amounts if that makes you uncomfortable. Start reasonable and you can always upgrade later.
- The all important colour of your mat – a brighter coloured mat with a pattern, looked more appealing to me that a dull grey yoga mat. Subconsciously you may feel more excited to practice when you are attracted to the colours!
This is the best guide for you to use when considering which yoga mat is right for you, whether you are a beginner on the yoga journey or just upgrading your old mat. Yes, the one you buy today, may not go with you on the whole journey. As a couple we have six different yoga mats in the house, because… why not? You learn more about your mat and how your body feels as your journey goes on. Your body begins to learn what different feature it needs from the mat to be more comfortable.
The Best 10 Yoga Mats
If you are looking for a mat that’s gentle on the joints then this is the right one. TOPLUS Yoga Mat Eco-Friendly Non Slip will not only offer you maximum comfort but also the hips and elbows. Apart from the yoga practices, it’s also perfect for Pilates, aerobics, back and gymnasticsBuy Now
Created with the latest technological improvement, TOPLUS Yoga Mat is a non-slip yoga mat fitted with a double layer structure design to give excellent cushioning and optimal grip. Lightweight and easy to carry, you can move with it wherever you want. Plus you’ll enjoy a 12-month warranty hence you don’t need to worry.Buy Now
Saferell Yoga Mat is an eco-friendly yoga mat that’s suitable for all your yoga practices. Made of superior quality materials this mat is non-toxic, non-irritating, metal-free, and functional. To greatly improve its compactness it’s been designed with an embossing technique.Buy Now
As a versatile yoga mat, BODYMATE Premium TPE Yoga Mat is suitable for both experienced and beginners. Featuring a comfortable and non-slip surface its material will ensure that you get the comfort that you need while practicing yoga. SGS tested, this mat is free from any harmful substances.Buy Now
Ewedoos Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat is an innovative and eco-friendly yoga mat that has been made from a comfortable and flexible material. Featuring a body an alignment system you can always focus and adjust your feet and hand to the correct position. It also has a double-sided non-slip surface that you can use perform any movement with confidenceBuy Now
If you want to enjoy your yoga time FitBeast Yoga Mat suits you just well. It comes with a leaf-shaped design that will ensure you practice different postures without slipping. On the same note, its ripple design will allow you to maintain a better grip on the floor, tiles, and grassBuy Now
Whether you are looking for yoga or camping mat, JLL Yoga Mat will not disappoint you. This mat is not only easy to clean but also made of anti-bacterial design. Besides, it will provide you with flexibility, support, and minimize the impact that some exercises may cause on your body.Buy Now
As compared to other yoga mats out there Dmygo Yoga Mat comes with the perfect thickness that you need for your yoga practice. With its density, it will connect very well with the floor and give you the right balance for yoga practice. It also has a double-sided non-slip surface to give it excellent slip resistant advantage.Buy Now
As one of the best yoga mats out there, Core Balance Yoga Mat will help you nurture both your body and spirit. To provide you with stability and superior support it’s fitted with an embossed textured surface. Plus it’s lightweight and compact thus easy to carry from one place t0o another.Buy Now
Kuyou Yoga Mat is a non-toxic yoga mat that you can use for all your yoga practices. Featuring an upgraded anti-slip design, this is a soft, thick, and flexible exercise mat that will provide you with the best balance. Since it can easily fold it can make the best travel yoga mat.Buy Now
Today’s Best 5 Cork Yoga Mats
YourYogaShop.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk